Let us cover the final frontier of digitization: making M&A processes digital!
What is needed?
Here is the list of requirements to massively digitize the M&A process:
- end-to-end process support from early phases to end of the integration project,
- Digital learning for M&A knowledge,
- Semantic analysis of available data of acquirer and target and then leverage the semantic data to navigate the data via assistive technologies,
- assistive technologies like chatbots and digital assistants that help managers watch risks, ask the right questions and propose proper next steps,
- big data analytics: data rooms are a large data set, so why dig through it manually?,
- Use of forensic technologies for understanding and investigating data room content
- Automate IT due diligence by using scanners for analysis of networks, applications and interfaces,
- Automatically analyse content of existing ERP systems for due diligence, merger integration and migration of ERP systems.
What is already digital?
- Learning: see PMI2GO: digital online learning for post merger integration
- Data rooms: Trusted file stores for due diligence are digital. But is file store digitalization driven far enough?
- Process digitalization: There are M&A process tools that allow partial automization. But do we get digitalization with chatbots, assistive technology based on machine learning? No. Not yet.
Stay tuned for more thought leadership.
(C) Dr. Karl Popp 2018